Cornell University Glee Club 150th Anniversary Endowment Campaign
Campaign Update – September 2018
We launched “A Good Excuse, I Think! – the 150th Anniversary Campaign for the Cornell University Glee Club” only few months ago, and the early support has been a true testament to our shared history. It is clear that many of us continue to hold in great regard the time we enjoyed together as members of the Glee Club, and take great pride in the legacy we have created.
Our goals are steadfast, to allow the generations that will follow the ability to:
- Tour internationally at least every four years and domestically every year
- Expand opportunities for individual vocal instruction for students
- Commission new men’s choral works from major and emerging composers
- Perform a major concert annually in New York City or other major artistic venues
- Expand our reputation through performances at major conventions, conferences, and competitions
- Expand recruiting and pipeline development
- Develop larger audiences and increase our profile through innovative marketing initiatives
Our goal is to raise $1.5 million. So far we have raised over $1.0 million, and are humbled by everyone’s continuing support. The Campaign will run through June 2019, the conclusion of our 150th year. Campaign pledges will be payable through June 30, 2022.
This is a once-in-a-generation campaign for the 150th, and we do not anticipate one like this again for many years.
We are asking everyone, if you have not done so already, to make a stretch commitment well beyond what you have given in the past and to make this a philanthropic priority.
Please take a moment to think about what the Glee Club has meant to you personally, and join us in supporting the Campaign in a way that reflects that by filling out the Campaign Commitment form below.
With best regards,
Donald R. Peck, LAW ‘86
For more information:
Scott R. Haber '80
Bryce W. Hall '99
A. David P. Manzano '89
John C. Nicolls '72
Michael B. Polk '82
Ronald J. Schiller '86
Joel R. Seligman '89
Cornell L. Stinson '86
Steven G. Whitney '79
Donald R. Peck, LAW '86, Chair
Richard C. Dehmel '68, Honorary Chair
Robert Isaacs, Director
Thomas A. Sokol, Director Emeritus
Scott A. Tucker, Past Director
G. Gordon Behn '65
Joseph W. Cleverdon '98
George E. Gull '72